Staff Webinars – virtual training (1-2 hours)
Webinar trainings are a great way to provide team members with introductory overview of various topics. GRAZE offers webinar trainings on the following topics:
Increasing Awareness to Handle Adversity
- Team members– An introduction to mental health awareness in the workplace, terminology associated with potential challenges, education around common responses to a variety of stress, and short-term strategies and self-care.
- Leaders and Managers– An introduction to mental health awareness in the workplace and as it may impact staff, terminology associated with potential challenges as a leader, education around common responses to a variety of stress, and short-term strategies for team development and self-care.
Completing the Cycle: Tools for Healthy Stress Management (3.5 hour training)
Stress is a survival mechanism that in the short term can be helpful, however cumulative or chronic stress can potentially impact an individual’s resiliency and ability to handle stressful or traumatic situations. Program is in-person training.
- Basic terminology
- Short-term and long-term impacts of stress
- Evidence based tools and strategies for managing stress
Caring for the Caregiver: Tools for assessing and improving how those in charge of animal care take care of themselves. (3.5 hour training)
People in the industry practice excellent animal care, being attentive and mindful of what is best for those in their care. However, too often these same individuals neglect to make or take the time to attend to themselves. As a result, their self-welfare is put in jeopardy. In order to give care, we must be willing to receive it, this increases our resiliency and allows us to do more than just survive, it permits us to thrive. Program to be in-person.
- Understanding of what personal well-being (self-care) is
- Impacts of self-care on resiliency
- Assessment of current self-care practices
- Basic self-care inputs and outputs
- Implementation of practices
This year long program provides research based leadership skills to mid-level management professionals within the Aquarium and Zoo industry. This course is for those either in mid-level management positions or those who want to be in mid-level management positions within an aquarium or zoo facility.
GRAZE is an Authorized Partner and Certified/Accredited Facilitators for Everything DiSC® and The Five Behaviors® of a Cohesive Team.
Everything DiSC® offers end-to-end learning experiences that have immediate and lasting impact on the performance of people and the cultures of organizations.
- Powered by 40+ years of research, each Everything DiSC® personality assessment combines adaptive testing and sophisticated algorithms to deliver precise insights to each participant. These insights lay the groundwork for a personalized experience rich with “A-ha!” moments that inspire behavior change.
- The personalized content in the profile deepens self-understanding through the DiSC® model. People gain insight into their own preferences and tendencies, learn more about relating to others, and receive actionable strategies to help them improve their interactions and ultimately, their performance.
- The profile comes to life in either an in-person or virtual classroom experience that engages and educates. Easy-to-use tools, content, contemporary video, and impactful activities can be customized to meet the specific needs of your team and your organization.
- A suite of follow-up resources makes lasting behavior change possible by keeping Everything DiSC alive in the workplace. Participants can go deeper into their DiSC style, get real-world tips for connecting with colleagues, and gain insight into their team’s or department’s DiSC culture.
The Five Behaviors®
Starting with The Five Behaviors assessment, team members will gain insights about themselves, others, and their approach to teamwork. These insights are then brought to life through a powerful virtual or in-person facilitated experience that works by addressing the full spectrum of essential cohesive team behaviors. Through impactful virtual and classroom learning experiences that empower individuals through self-discovery and constructive behavioral modeling, The Five Behaviors® is the only team development solution that rewrites the traditional rules for teamwork to build stronger teams. Transforming the team dynamic from disengaged to “let’s do this!”
These courses are international certification programs offered throughout the year. Each course is facilitated by a certified instructor who is also member of the GRAZE team. Click on links below for full course descriptions.